Jenny and Blake’s wedding took place at Shoals Club on Bald Head Island. We could not have been granted a more naturally and beautiful lit day, a more sincere and in love couple, or sweeter family and friends. This wedding will always be one that makes me smile each and every time I think of these two!
Jenny and Blake, Even doing this week after week it isn’t often that I encounter a couple who love one another so completely and tenderly. You reminded me to love deeper, with everything I have and for that I will always be grateful!
Florals, Paper, and Design: Salt Harbor Designs
Wedding Director: Jane Roberson
Ceremony and Reception Location: Bald Head Island Shoals Club
Catering: Bald Head Island Shoals Club
Cake: Flower & Flour
Reception Music: Rubberband
Lighting: High Performance Lighting
Also high fives to my friend, Matt, for second shooting this day with me!
Beth and Shawn are two love birds who met a few years ago in a little irish pub. They love to go for bike rides, hike, watch movies, and travel. When they have the chance, they love to get away from the city and relax on the beaches of Wilmington. We decided it would be a perfect ending to the day if we enjoyed a sunset at the beach. Perfect it was!
Beth and Shawn, Three things we loved about being with you on this day:
1. Allowing us to see the love you have for one another.
2. The way you smile and laugh together.
3. Your trust in us as your photographers and willingness to just go for it!
Who knew that a single interview would bring Lea and Matt together? Fate, destiny, whatever you call it, it definitely came to this lovely couple! Brent and I met up with Lea and Matt for their picture perfect wedding on Bald Head Island, NC. With friends and family gathered by “Old Baldy.” The two shared a very sweet ceremony which included a passage from The Velveteen Rabbit that made me a little weepy.
The reception was beautiful and one of my favorite touches was a homemade cake by a very proud father of the bride. All in all, it was a perfect day.
Lea and Matt, You reminded that ”Real isn’t how you are made, it’s a thing that happens to you. When [someone] loves you for a long, long time, not just to play with, but REALLY loves you, then you become Real.” – Margery Williams Bianco
Florals and Event Design: Salt Harbor Designs
Ceremony Venue: Bald Head Island Lighthouse
Reception Venue: Bald Head Island Harborside
Ceremony Music: Beverly Andrews
Cocktail Music: Bagpiper-Robert White
Reception Music: Walrus Band
Caterer: BHI Limited
Cake: Mr. Fisher (the brides father)
It’s my favorite time of year! Thanksgiving and Christmas are hands down my two favorite holidays. Maybe it’s the hustle and bustle of the season, the idea that somehow most everyone is happy and filled with hope, that joyful anticipation of family gatherings, celebrations, and good company. Something about all of it just feels right… it just fits. I think it’s how life should be each and every day, and not just mid November through December. Because after all, we’ve got so much to be thankful for!
Five things on this Thanksgiving Day that made my heart warm:
1. Everyone being together and cuddled on our oversized couch at 2am Thanksgiving morning. We were just chatting away.
2. My mother cooking her Thanksgiving dressing and teaching us girls just how it’s made. She was even making iPhone videos to send my sister in law who was cooking it 3,000+ miles away. It’s not like any kind you’ve ever had before. It’s my grandmother’s recipe and if you have it once you’ll crave it forever.
3. All five of us loading into the car to watch Hugo 3D. You’ve got to see this movie! It’s warm, magical and incredibly moving. If you are an artist, you’ll appreciate it even more – the trailers don’t do it justice. It’s a MUST see!
4. The reminder of knowing we all have a place and purpose in this world. It was my favorite moment from Hugo but I don’t want to spoil it for you so I won’t go into detail.
5. Knowing that tomorrow (Black Friday) Beta Radio is releasing their Christmas EP and the best news of all, it’s FREE! Get more details and download it here. I photographer cover for this EP and tomorrow, once it’s released, I’ll post it here. The sounds of Christmas shall soon fill my ears and heart and that’s enough to make anybody smile.
Here is wishing you a warm holiday season and hoping you are already busy making many memories of your own. Hugs and happiness from my home to yours!
If you want to see more photos taken with my iPhone this Thanksgiving (like the one above) and get a glimpse into my day visit my facebook album.
Once you’ve had enough turkey and cranberry sauce for the year, feed your brain with this: 35% off EVERYTHING in our e-junkie cart on Black Friday including the Get It Together Kit. Be sure to enter the code “stuffed” at checkout.
This sale will last for 24 hours only and will start at 12:01am on Black Friday. We run on Eastern Standard Time. You’ve now been well informed!