It’s my favorite time of year! Thanksgiving and Christmas are hands down my two favorite holidays. Maybe it’s the hustle and bustle of the season, the idea that somehow most everyone is happy and filled with hope, that joyful anticipation of family gatherings, celebrations, and good company. Something about all of it just feels right… it just fits. I think it’s how life should be each and every day, and not just mid November through December. Because after all, we’ve got so much to be thankful for!
Five things on this Thanksgiving Day that made my heart warm:
1. Everyone being together and cuddled on our oversized couch at 2am Thanksgiving morning. We were just chatting away.
2. My mother cooking her Thanksgiving dressing and teaching us girls just how it’s made. She was even making iPhone videos to send my sister in law who was cooking it 3,000+ miles away. It’s not like any kind you’ve ever had before. It’s my grandmother’s recipe and if you have it once you’ll crave it forever.
3. All five of us loading into the car to watch Hugo 3D. You’ve got to see this movie! It’s warm, magical and incredibly moving. If you are an artist, you’ll appreciate it even more – the trailers don’t do it justice. It’s a MUST see!
4. The reminder of knowing we all have a place and purpose in this world. It was my favorite moment from Hugo but I don’t want to spoil it for you so I won’t go into detail.
5. Knowing that tomorrow (Black Friday) Beta Radio is releasing their Christmas EP and the best news of all, it’s FREE! Get more details and download it here. I photographer cover for this EP and tomorrow, once it’s released, I’ll post it here. The sounds of Christmas shall soon fill my ears and heart and that’s enough to make anybody smile.
Here is wishing you a warm holiday season and hoping you are already busy making many memories of your own. Hugs and happiness from my home to yours!
If you want to see more photos taken with my iPhone this Thanksgiving (like the one above) and get a glimpse into my day visit my facebook album.