This DIY paper wreath is brought to you by Salt Harbor Designs with photography by Millie Holloman.
6 Easy Steps
1. Tear pages from an old book and fold the pages into small fans (do not crease paper, just bend).
2. Staple the fan near the bottom. Make enough to cover the outside and inside of the wreath.
3. Glue the fans to the inside ring of the wreath, overlapping enough that you do not see the wreath form.
4. Glue fans to the outside ring of the wreath (also overlapping).
5. To finish the wreath between the inner and outer rings, you will need fans that are ½-1” shorter than the others. Cut down pages, and repeat the folding, stapling, and gluing process.
6. Fill in the rest of the wreath until you cannot see the form.
Tip: We purchased a bunch of old books for 50 cents at a local book store. Many of them were old romance novels, which gave a number of the girls the giggles. You would have thought we were school children!
Below is a quick shot I grabbed with my iPhone to share the finished product. Even the pizza delivery guy mentioned how neat he thought it was. Now every time I enter my front door this little recycled book wreath brings a cheerful little smile to my face, I hope it will do the same for you!