Millie Holloman Photography | tilley-gray is born

tilley-gray is born

Birth  |  Millie  |

As a photographer, I have the privilege of being a part of some of the most moving and emotional experiences of people’s lives. One of those occasions is when I document a birth. The families I’ve experienced such a momentous joy with have a special bond with me. I’m considered a part of their family, an honorary Aunt if you will.

Reverse for a minute because I’m a little late with this post. You’ve already met Tilley-Gray once so rewind and let’s go back to day one. I’ll leave the details of the birth story to Gray. He did an excellent job making a heart felt post to introduce this little bundle! You can read more about Tilley-Gray’s birthday from their point of view on Lindsey’s blog.

However, I did make notes throughout the day on some sweet moments I watched unfold and comments that made their way to my ears. You’ll find these comments tucked into the bottom of this post.

Perhaps it’s the fact that I’ll be welcoming my own niece into the world in a few short months, or maybe it’s the emotion of experiencing something so magical and miraculous as a birth, I just know I’ve spent the entire time I’ve been creating this post with tears streaming down my face. Life is beautiful, life is wonderful, life is it’s own little miracle. In the moments when we feel the worst, might we remember such a joyous occasion!

Lindsey has a blog titled “FiFi Cheek“. It’s a nickname she’s had since college, so you can imagine how unbelievably perfect it felt when they watched the labor and delivery nurse write her name on their board…

Five things I heard:
“Babies are just babies, until they are yours” -Lindsey’s Dad said this when he first saw Tilley-Gray.
“This is the first baby I’ve ever held” -Uncle Baxter, when Gray was gently placing her into his open arms.
“Have you ever seen so many boys crazy over a little girl?” -The Boys kept swooning over her when they came in, she is going to be one spoiled little girl.
“Are you breathing okay?” -Gray would say this while he was holding her. It was so sweet to see him instantly protect and watch over her.
“There are 3 of us now!” -Gray announced to Lindsey with the biggest and sweetest smile. That smile never left, it still hasn’t.

Two things I know:
Moments and days like this remind you of how good life really is.
Sweet cheeks was prophetic. They are the sweetest cheeks I’ve ever laid eyes on.

Love you guys!

18 Responses to tilley-gray is born

• September 11, 2014 | 12:45 AM

She is one of the PRETTIEST babies I have ever seen, and I adore all of the love between mommy and daddy!!! Best thing ever!!!

• October 26, 2013 | 12:12 AM

Millie, Are you able to share the camera you used and the settings for these photos? They are absolutely lovely!

• August 20, 2013 | 2:35 PM

Perfectly beautiful. Wonderful photography and what a sweet family.

• February 2, 2012 | 4:48 PM

These are so sweet. Beautiful job Millie!

• January 31, 2012 | 2:14 PM

This is absolutely beautiful! You have totally captured the beautiful experience of having a new child. I have never said this and think it sounds quite cheesy but I feel moved by the power of these photos. Thanks for sharing!

• January 30, 2012 | 2:03 PM

Beautiful pics! Great capturing the special moments, and the mom looked absolutely gorgeous for someone who was in labor 🙂

• January 28, 2012 | 10:21 AM

I LOVE the expressions that you captured. You did such an amazing job of capturing this special time in their lives. Beautiful!

• January 26, 2012 | 11:21 PM

Gray…mmmm…I have to say this. Your baby doll has got to be the most beautiful baby Iv’e ever seen!! It’s making me feel like I want to have a baby, those photos were awesome and Your wife was beautiful during the whole thing. Congratulations and I wish nothing but the Best for you and your family!! P.S. Your’e going to be beating those boys off with a stick when she gets older!!~Love to you all!!~

• January 26, 2012 | 2:22 PM

This post is simply AMAZING. Beautiful, beautiful photos. So many priceless, love-filled moments captured. Truly inspiring!!

• January 26, 2012 | 2:14 PM

tears as well-beautiful story of 2 heartbeats becoming 3

• January 26, 2012 | 12:51 PM

Thank you for sharing these such private and beautiful moments. I am proud and honored to be able to be part of it and to see the faces of people I love when they say Tilley-Gray for the first time. She is a heaven sent little girl and has been wanted for a very long time. God Speed to you and your beautiful family.

• January 26, 2012 | 11:37 AM

Breathtaking, Millie. You saw beautiful moments that day. So glad to get to see them here. 🙂

• January 26, 2012 | 11:15 AM

I cried. so sweet.

• January 26, 2012 | 11:02 AM

I don’t even know them and I have tears in my eyes. I hope I look that good when I have a baby! Congratulations!

• January 26, 2012 | 10:22 AM

Millie!!!!!! This is FANTASTIC!!! I love every moment you captured!! I have 3 births to document in March and I am praying that I can make it to all of them!! Beautiful work!!

• January 26, 2012 | 10:01 AM

How my stars, these pictures are simply amazing! Our favorite picture is the color one where little Tilley Gray is all wrapped up looking to the right with an expression that is almost like she is saying “Wait, I didn’t sign up for this! What is going on!”

• January 25, 2012 | 10:35 PM

You made me all teary-eyed Millie! Pics and post are absolutely beautiful. Such a wonderful little family. xoxo

• January 25, 2012 | 10:10 PM

Millie these pictures are beautiful! Lindsey and Gray I’m so happy for you two! My favorite one is the second to last with all of the guys and little Tilley-Gray! All looks of excitement, curiosity, and fear! Priceless 🙂