A little sneak peek of some random images we snapped on our iPhones last week around the studio. Milo sleeping on the desk while Amanda works (an every day occurence), and our brand new air plant installation which was a fun group effort to put up. We love our creative and spacious MHP studio, incredibly grateful to call this home!
It’s my favorite time of year! Thanksgiving and Christmas are hands down my two favorite holidays. Maybe it’s the hustle and bustle of the season, the idea that somehow most everyone is happy and filled with hope, that joyful anticipation of family gatherings, celebrations, and good company. Something about all of it just feels right… it just fits. I think it’s how life should be each and every day, and not just mid November through December. Because after all, we’ve got so much to be thankful for!
Five things on this Thanksgiving Day that made my heart warm:
1. Everyone being together and cuddled on our oversized couch at 2am Thanksgiving morning. We were just chatting away.
2. My mother cooking her Thanksgiving dressing and teaching us girls just how it’s made. She was even making iPhone videos to send my sister in law who was cooking it 3,000+ miles away. It’s not like any kind you’ve ever had before. It’s my grandmother’s recipe and if you have it once you’ll crave it forever.
3. All five of us loading into the car to watch Hugo 3D. You’ve got to see this movie! It’s warm, magical and incredibly moving. If you are an artist, you’ll appreciate it even more – the trailers don’t do it justice. It’s a MUST see!
4. The reminder of knowing we all have a place and purpose in this world. It was my favorite moment from Hugo but I don’t want to spoil it for you so I won’t go into detail.
5. Knowing that tomorrow (Black Friday) Beta Radio is releasing their Christmas EP and the best news of all, it’s FREE! Get more details and download it here. I photographer cover for this EP and tomorrow, once it’s released, I’ll post it here. The sounds of Christmas shall soon fill my ears and heart and that’s enough to make anybody smile.
Here is wishing you a warm holiday season and hoping you are already busy making many memories of your own. Hugs and happiness from my home to yours!
If you want to see more photos taken with my iPhone this Thanksgiving (like the one above) and get a glimpse into my day visit my facebook album.
Fall is my absolute favorite season! I love the colors of the leaves on the trees, the smell of a fire in the fireplace, a brisk morning walk. Since we have a little family of our own now, along with the normal traditions, we’re trying to start a few new ones. One of them is to dress our daughter, Clara, up in her halloween costume and take her to the pumpkin patch.
This particular pumpkin patch has a special place in my heart. I grew up going to Wesley Memorial UMC in Wilmington, and every October the youth group ran this little corner pumpkin patch on the church lawn. It was always a crazy busy time of year, but I have some really fond memories of that place and those times. We came here last year when Clara was only two and a half weeks old, so it only seemed right to come back again.
It was a whole different experience this time, since she’s running around on her own! I think she had a great time and loved exploring the patch and looking at all the different pumpkins. And I know I’m biased, but I think she’s the cutest little owl I’ve ever seen!
Here’s hoping you get to enjoy the fall as much as we plan to this year!